Tours will be on September 3 and 5, 2019 in the afternoon. The most emblematic places of the city: the Walls, the Cathedral, the Convent of St. Teresa and St. Vincent, will be visited. Since on September 6 the XXIII edition of the Medieval Market opens, congress attendees will be also able to enjoy the bedecked city, its activities and craft stalls. Technical tours are included with Symposium registration. See the full schedule of the congress here.
- The Walls of Ávila: A guided walking tour around the icon of Ávila, their Walls.
- Avila Cathedral: This tour explores the considered first Gothic cathedral of Spain.
- Convent of St. Teresa: A tour of the Convent St Teresa of Jesus, one of the most exceptional figures in Spanish spirituality, highlighting the main peculiarities of her life.
- Basilica of St. Vicente: The largest and most important Romanesque temple after the cathedral. It is located outside the walls.
- Medieval Market: On Friday, September 6, the Medieval Market opens. Ávila decorate its streets with crafts stalls, parades and various activities of the medieval period.