Call for papers
If you have any doubt related with the call for papers, please write an email to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
1 March 2019: Deadline for Full Papers to be submitted in the ISPRS Annals (http://www.isprs.org/publicat
11 March 2019: Deadline for Abstracts to be submitted in the ISPRS Archives (http://www.isprs.org/publicat
26 Apr 2019: Acceptance notification of Papers and Abstracts
12 July 2019: Final paper submission for both Annals and Archives articles
1 - 5 Sept 2019: CIPA International Symposium
MAIN SYMPOSIUM TOPICS:
Papers in all areas of 3D recording, modelling, conserving, documenting, valorization and preservation of Cultural Heritage are invited. The themes (sessions) of the Symposium will deal with the following topics:
- Topic #1: 3D documentation (photogrammetry, laser scanning, UAVs, mobile/handheld recording, 3D modelling, best practices, guidelines)
- Topic #2: Data and sensor fusion (integration, registration, algorithms)
- Topic #3: Underwater heritage documentation
- Topic #4: Point cloud processing (filtering, segmentation, classification, modelling)
- Topic #5: GIS, BIM, Heritage Information Systems
- Topic #6: Heritage places and data at risk (vulnerability assessment, best practices, policies, archive images)
- Topic #7: Recovering lost CH assets (best practices, policies)
- Topic #8: Sustainable Development in CH
- Topic #9: Intangible CH (capture, documentation, integration, conservation, dissemination)
- Topic #10: Restoration, rehabilitation and conservation of CH (conservation treatments, innovative techniques, restoration approaches, best practices)
- Topic #11: EU projects / International Cooperation for Heritage Documentation and Conservation
- Topic #12: 3D printing and rapid prototyping in CH
- Topic #13: Virtual Museums, VR & AR
- Topic #14: Education (tools for Learning, Research and Training in CH)
- Topic #15: Citizens participation in CH
- Topic #16: Data management and archiving
- Topic #17: Economic value of 3D in CH
- Topic #18: Open data and IPR in CH
- Topic #19: Digital Heritage Inventories
When uploading your abstract or full paper, please select the corresponding topic mentioned in Conftool.
Proposals for participation in the CIPA 2019 Symposium can be submitted in the following formats:
- Abstracts: The abstract should be at least 1000 words, possibly with figures, and should be submitted as PDF file. No specific template is given.
- Full papers: The full paper submitted for the reviewing process or as final paper must be formatted following the ISPRS format (download here the PDF or DOCX template), with a max length of 8 pages.
The accepted articles will be published in the ISPRS Annals and International Archives of Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences.
The Annals and the Archives are open access publications, they are published under the Creative Common Attribution 3.0 License. Both are indexed in the ISI Conference Proceedings Citation Index (CPCI) of the Web of Science, SCOPUS, and in the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ).
The CIPA 2019 Symposium is managed by the ConfTool® Submission Server. Create an account if you don't have one and submit your contribution.
- Each submitted paper needs at least one paid registration fee in order to be published.
- Papers should be clear, concise and written in English with correct spelling and good sentence structure.
- We recommend that the paper is carefully compiled and thoroughly checked, in particular with regard to the list of authors, before submission in order to avoid last minute changes.
- The submission of a paper (and acceptance as poster or oral presentation) carries with it the obligation that it is actually presented at the meeting by the author or by one of the co-authors.
Excellent contributions will be published in Special Issues of the following journals:
- Journal of Cultural Heritage Management and Sustainable Development (http://www.emeraldinsight.com/journal/jchmsd).
- Studies in Digital Heritage (https://scholarworks.iu.edu/journals/index.php/sdh/index).
- Virtual Archaeology Review (http://polipapers.upv.es/index.php/var).
- ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information (http://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijgi).
- Drones (mdpi.com/journal/drones).