If you have any doubt related with your transportation, please write an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Passport and Visa
Authors and attendees outside EU are advised to arrange their Visas the soonest possible.
Find all the information regarding visas for travelling to Spain at the following link: http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Portal/en/ServiciosAlCiudadano/InformacionParaExtranjeros/Paginas/RequisitosDeEntrada.aspx
Avila is close to Madrid, so is easily reachable by train (http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html), or by car (A6-A51 highway).
The closest international airport is located in Madrid (http://www.aena.es). Airport Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas is connected to Chamartin Railway station and Mendez Alvaro Bus Station. It takes ca 30 min to get to Chamartin or Mendez Alvaro stations. The train or bus from Madrid to Avila takes ca 1 hour 30 min.
The Madrid-Barajas airport has four terminals located in two clusters: T1-T2-T3, and T4. There are several transport options connecting the airport and the city of Madrid. For more information, please check: http://www.aena.es/en/madrid-barajas-airport/public-transport.html
The metro line 8 Nuevos Ministerios - Aeropuerto T4 connects the terminals to Madrid city from 06.05 a.m. to 01.30 a.m. The travel takes about 15-20 minutes.
To arrive from ‘Nuevos Ministerios’ to ‘Chamartin railway station’ you should take line 10 (blue) heading to ‘Hospital Infanta Sofia’. Your stop will be marked as ‘Chamartin’. The travel takes about 10 minutes. For more information please refer to: https://www.metromadrid.es/en/
The third alternative, to arrive Chamartin railway station from Madrid airport is taxi. From Chamartin railway station you can reach Ávila easily.
There are 11-17 train departures every day from Chamartin railway station. Tickets can be acquired in advance through the Renfe website (http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html). For full details of the train timetable it is best to check the Renfe website, as train timetable is subject to change
|Departure (Chamartin)||Arrival (Ávila)||Comments|
The price for a one-way ticket is approximatively 12.5 €.
For real-time information about estimated departure and arrival times, please refer to these webpages:
Ávila railway station: http://www.adif.es/en_US/infraestructuras/estaciones/10400/informacion_000025.shtml
Chamartín railway station: http://www.adif.es/en_US/infraestructuras/estaciones/17000/informacion_000295.shtml
There is a daily direct connection between the airport Madrid-Barajas and Ávila bus station (http://www.estacionautobusesavila.com/) offered by ‘Jimenez Dorado Autocares’ (www.jimenezdorado.com). The price is approximatively 9 €.
Routing Madrid - Avila
CENTER OF CONGRESSES AND EXPOSITION LIENZO NORTE, MADRID AVENUE, Nº102, 05001 AVILA.
“Centro de Exposiciones y Congresos Lienzo Norte, Av. de Madrid, nº 102, 05001 Ávila”
- - AP-6. (indications for AP-6 / N-VI / A Coruña)
- - Take exit 81 towards AP-51, direction N-110 / Villacastín / Avila / Segovia)
- - At the fork, stay to the left; Follow the signs for AP-51 / Ávila and join AP-51
- - Continue on A-51.
- - Continue by highway AV-20 (Ávila / Toledo / Plasencia)
- - Exit of highway 7, AV-20 Ávila
- - Join N-110 / N-403 / N-501 / Road Ávila-Salamanca
- - Continue to N-110 / N-403 / N-501
- - At the roundabout, take the second exit towards N-110a / Road Ávila
- - At the roundabout, take the second exit towards N-110a / Avenue of Madrid to the Convention Center. (Ref: Facing the Walls)
- Tele Taxi Madrid: 91 371 21 31
- Sociedad Cooperativa de Taxi de Madrid: 91 392 08 80
- Taxi Ávila: 920 35 35 45
Taxi transfer from Barajas to Avila
If you are planning your trip to Avila with several persons, maybe you can choose to rent a taxi service directly managed by TaxisdeAvila. Prices go from 140 eur (monday to friday 7:00 to 23:00 and saturday up to 16:00h) to 165 eur (rest of time).
Please, don't hesitate to ask TaxisdeAvila (email@example.com ) for more information.
- At Madrid-Barajas there are several car rental companies. Most of them operate between 7:00 and midnight. For more information about them and car rental terms in Spain, please refer to: https://www.aeropuertomadrid-barajas.com/transportation/car-rental-madrid-airport.htm